Thursday, August 22, 2013

How to Draw a Dog Face Tutorial #1

Here's a new drawing tutorial! This time, featuring my dog Corey. It's drawn in my favorite sketching program MyPaint (a free open-source program), but can be drawn in any other program or with pencil and paper. If you're a new artist, you may want to check out my How to Draw Animals post first. It outlines the steps you'd go through in drawing any animal in any pose.

In this tutorial I go one step further and add some values and highlights. Note that this is not true shading. All I'm doing is laying down values to indicate the different colors in Corey's fur and adding a few highlights so the drawing looks less flat. I didn't actually darken the sides of any of the shapes, so the the forms aren't as three-dimensional as a fully shaded drawing. This is one of many good ways to make a quick drawing.


The final drawing:
Corey Beagle Basset Hound Drawing Artwork How To Tutorial

No comments :

Post a Comment