Thursday, September 19, 2013

How to Draw Cats Video Tutorials- Cute Kitten and Grumpy Cat

Just in case people who are following me on here aren't subscribed to me on YouTube, I thought I'd start uploading my art video tutorials here again, so they can see them. On top of that, I've made still image/written tutorials to accompany the videos, just in case you want to get the gist of them really quickly.

Most of my videos are recordings of me working through the artwork, so you might want to scrub through them to get a better idea of how the drawing was made. Image tutorials always make things look overly simple, which is why I think that video tutorials are generally better. But you have both to choose from here, so go with whichever you find most helpful! Click the images to see them at full size. And be sure to check out some of my other cat tutorials!

Cute Kitten
How to Draw a Cartoony Cute Kitten Art Lesson

 

1. Make a circle for the head and draw the center line. The body is an oval shape.
2. Block out the muzzle and eye and ear placement.
3. Detail the muzzle and eyes.
4. Add in the fur and eyebrow ridges.
5. Detail the ears.
6. Add some simple values and a couple whiskers.

Grumpy Cat
How to Draw Sketch Grumpy Cat Art Lesson


1. Make a circle for the head and draw the center line.
2. Block out the muzzle, neck, and eye and ear placement.
3. Detail the mouth, nose, and eyes.
4. Add in the fur, eyebrow ridges, and lines to define the sides of the muzzle.
5. Detail the ears and neck.
6. Add some simple values.

Both of these were drawn in MyPaint.

Leave a comment if you have any questions! I hope these were helpful!

No comments :

Post a Comment