Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Cute, Nameless Bunny

Hi, everyone! I've got a new character that I'm working on that I'm excited to show you. Poor Bobby the Bocat has unfortunately been put to the side again, this time perhaps forever. It seems that working on him in little spurts over two years has allowed me to create all sorts of issues, and since I can't remember how I made him, it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot. If you think you can help, you can read the details of my problem, check out the rig, and try to help through the BlenderArtists thread I started.

Unlike Bobby, the little guy I'm about to show you is completely new, and so far hasn't given me much trouble. Modeling and texturing is done, so next I'll be rigging him. Here's a turntable render of him:


I'm not sure if I'll be keeping the jacket. I'm going to have to think about it for a bit. It's not really the possible technical issues that it gives that I'm worried about, I'm just not sure if he's cuter without it.


Here's what he looks like in Blender. The jacket is wrinkled because I baked a cloth simulation, which came out very nice without going through his mesh or fur.


Here's what he looks like in edit mode (without his jacket). I had Photoshop lighten the image up so you can see his wireframe better.


So he's coming along very well! I hope to soon have some images of him with a rig. I may also soon have images related to an animated short I'd like to make, probably in Maya (I'm using Blender so much, I'm afraid I'll forget how to work in Maya, and I use Maya in college, so that can't happen).

Anyway, until next time!


No comments :

Post a Comment