Friday, August 10, 2012

Great Horse Art

Today I'm going to showcase some more great art. The focus is: horses! This is one of my favorite art subjects, both in art that I make and in art that I like to look at. It's a classical subject, but it never gets old. Horses are beautiful, powerful, majestic animals, and I feel that the art I'm featuring here captures that. Enjoy!

Horse Painting- Napoleon at the Saint-Bernard Pass- Jacques-Louis David
Napoleon at the Saint-Bernard Pass- Jacques-Louis David


Horse painting- Whistlejacket- George Stubbs
Whistlejacket- George Stubbs


Horse painting- Horse Fair- Rosa Bonheur
Horse Fair- Rosa Bonheur


Horse statue- Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius (replica)- original sculptor unknown
Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius (replica)- original sculptor unknown


Horse painting- Automedon with the Horses of Achilles- Henri Alexandre Georges Regnault
Automedon with the Horses of Achilles- Henri Alexandre Georges Regnault


Horse Statue- Leonardo's Horse- designed by Leonardo da Vinci, realized by Nina Akamu
Leonardo's Horse- designed by Leonardo da Vinci, realized by Nina Akamu

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE WHISTLEJACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete