Thursday, August 9, 2012

Awesome Art Quotes Pt. 2

Here's part 2 of the motivational, inspirational, and thought-provoking art quotes. Part 1 is here.

  1. "Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."- Henry Ward Beecher
  2. "I don't think there's any artist of any value who doesn't doubt what they're doing."- Francis Ford Coppola
  3. "Great art picks up where nature ends."- Marc Chagall
  4. "Every creator painfully experiences the chasm between his inner vision and its ultimate expression."- Isaac Bashevis Singer
  5. "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way- things I had no words for."- Georgia O'Keeffe
  6. "I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good."- Barbra Streisand
  7. "If you hear a voice wihin you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."- Vincent Van Gogh
  8. "In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  9. "Painting is by nature a luminous language."- Robert Delaunay
  10. "Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun."- Pablo Picasso

I hope you guys liked the quotes! Tomorrow I'll do a Best Of art feature.

No comments :

Post a Comment