Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Model- White Rhino

After several weeks of work, I am happy to present to you my new model- a white rhinoceros!


He has to be my best model to date! That's because I made a work in progress thread for him over on BlenderArtists.org and got a lot of great feedback and help. I should have begun posting over there ages ago! This is what he looked like when I first posted.

 
Believe it or not, I thought he was almost finished then! The base model actually stayed pretty much the same throughout the revisions, though I did make some changes based upon critiques. What the people over at BlenderArtists helped me with the most was the normal map, displacement map, uv map, sculpting, and they motivated me to rig him. The sculpting part was very new to me, never having sculpted then baked a displacement map before, but it made a big difference in the amount of detail I was able to put on the rhino. Though next time I think I'll sculpt in the beginning, then retopo and bake a normal map, because I think that would be easier to set up.

Here's a close up of his face.


And a side view.


Here are some wireframes.


Here's his rig.

And here's a turntable.



As always, you can get this guy here. He's available in BLEND, OBJ, and FBX formats.

I'm very happy with how this rhino turned out! And I'm excited to put what I learned to use on my next model. I still haven't decided what I'll make next, but when I do I'll make a thread for it over at BlenderArtists.org. Here's my profile for over there.

Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment