Friday, August 3, 2012

Great Classical Art

I like to end every week with some inspirational art for you guys to mull over during the weekend. Last week, I focused on great dog art. This week, I'm going to show you some great classical art by some of my all-time favorite artists and other great, but less well-known, artists. This is the type of art I grew up with (we owned the Sister Wendy's 1000 Masterpieces book, and I looked at it all the time). While this art isn't the style I started with, or currently have, I still aspire to get a similarly beautiful realistic style. Anyway, enjoy this beautiful art!


The Tiger Hunt- Peter Paul Rubens


The Lute Player- Caravaggio


Hands of an Apostle- Albrecht Durer


Pieta- Sir Anthony van Dyck


Melancholy- Domenico Fetti


The Blue Boy- Thomas Gainsborough


Perseus Turning Phineas and his Followers to Stone- Luca Giordano


Prince Rupert of the Rhine- Gerrit van Honthorst


Madame Moitessier- Jean-Auguste Ingres


Still Life with Drinking-Horn- Willem Kalf

No comments :

Post a Comment